According to Murad Saeed, the Federal Minister for Communications and Postal Services, the current government has shown immense efficiency in the CPEC’s Western Route development. He said that the responsibility of the Western Route was undertaken from Balochistan by the present PTI government and thus it is being carried out at a much faster pace.
These views were expressed on the Groundbreaking ceremony of several developmental projects of the Western Route including the dualization of Quetta Western bypass, construction of Dera Murad Jamil Bypass, and Ziarat Mor-Kach-Harnai-Sanjavi Road. Murad Saeed also mentioned how in the past fifteen years, only 1,100 km long highway projects were planned however, in the last 2 years while PTI overtook the operations, work on 3,300 km long national highway project plans have been initiated. According to him, this present government has turned this dream of the Western Route of CPEC into reality and it will be completed by the time the PTI government completes its tenure.
Balochistan’s Socio-Economic Uplift
The Federal Minister for Communications and Postal Services did not just mention how work on the Western route is in full swing but also provided updates on most of the projects included. According to him, work on the Zhob-Khuzdar project has been initiated, and D.I. Zhob project has been approved. The dualization of the Chaman-Quetta-Karachi highway is going to start by the end of this year. It is a 796 km long dualization process that will add to the overall extension of national highways and motorways in Balochistan. This will prove to be economically uplifting for the region and add to the overall prosperity of Balochistan.
Capt (r) Muhammad Khurram Agha, Chairman National Highway Authority, mentioned a few details about these ongoing projects;
– The contract cost of the Quetta Western Bypass Project’s 22.7 km long dualization is PKR 3,938.78 million and it will take 24 months to complete.
– Construction of 15 bridges and 34 culverts is will be included in this bypass.
– 1715 jobs will be created in this whole process.
– 11km long Dera Murad Jamali bypass will cost PKR 1,456.3 million and it will take 18 months to complete.
– Construction of one bridge and 31 culverts will be included in this process.